Aaaand… I’m back!
It’s been a crazy month, and my extreme level of busy isn’t over yet, but I’ve hit a nice little lull.
Work has finally calmed down (for a short amount of time anyway) aaaand…
I’M IN MY NEW HOUSE!
It took a lot of packing. 6-7 hours of active moving time by professionals. Trips to the donation center. Chasing down a recycling truck with armloads of cardboard. Unpacking that I’m pretty confident will be forever ongoing…
But it’s all worth it. Because now I have a lovely house, a great kitchen and a perfect home.
I mean, my lawn hasn’t grown in evenly.
There is a single chair in my livingroom for seating.
Our “guest room” is currently more of a “I don’t want to unpack this yet” storage room.
But my puppies love running through the grass.
I have a perfectly button-tufted couch on order.
And I actually own a house big enough for a guest/storage room??
My house is perfect.
And I haven’t even gotten to the kitchen yet!
Panty, counter space, cupboards…
So many cupboards!
I went from keeping a lot of my equipment out on the counter to actually having an EMPTY CUPBOARD in my kitchen.
I ran out of things to store!
I didn’t even know that was possible.
Quick, cute, related story! In those cupboards right now are eight Kit Kat bars. Full size, 4-piece bars. Eight of them! And this is AFTER I made Kit Kat blondies.
This is because I sent Trevor out to buy my supplies and I made a hand-wavey “buy me enough Kit Kat to cover a 9×13 inch area.” statement.
He got worried about not buying enough and got me 18 Kit Kat bars.
It was pretty cute.
Really my house is perfect because Trevor and the puppies are there.
Anyway, thanks for waiting! Please take these blondies stuffed with Kit Kats as an apology for my absence.
Kit Kat Blondies
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, plus butter for pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 7 full size Kit Kat bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and line an 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang. Butter the lining too.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan; add both sugars and whisk until combined and sugar is melted, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and let cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined. Add the flour and whisk until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips, and transfer half the mixture to the prepared pan.
- Evenly spread out Kit Kats in layer over the batter (I made 3 rows of 9) and press them in lightly so they won’t shift when adding the second layer batter.
- Drizzle rest of batter over Kit Kats. Spread even, delicately as to not shift the Kit Kats.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top cracks slightly and is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the center comes out with moist pieces clinging to it. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Remove the bars from the pan using the parchment handles, transfer to a cutting board and cut into 2-inch squares.